Stories of life with 5 children: Honor (12), Connor (12), Ariana(11), Samuel (9), and Conan (3)
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Our Adoption Story: Quick Clarification
I just wanted to take a brief time-out to clarify two very important points.
In no way am I against the birth family. Even now I would permit the maternal grandparents visits with the children (with me present) if they so wished. They were not a suitable home, but we had no intention of cutting them out of the children's lives forever. We are in close contact with other family members...including the maternal great-grandparents. I would even send Birth Mom pictures and updates if she were willing. However, at this time, both Birth Mom and her parents have declined any interaction with us at all--e-mail or otherwise.
A second point to clarify...during all of this, the children had no idea what was going on "behind the scenes." We did not talk about their birth family at all--they never brought them up and neither did we. When I spoke with the case worker or anyone else about the case, I left the room. It was very important to me that the children not hear bad things about Birth Mom. One day they may read this, and I want them to know that in her way she did love them. She just didn't know how to do it responsibly--and at that time wasn't willing to learn.
I am thankful that I had the opportunity to teach Connor and Ariana what it means to truly be loved. To know that they are a valued member of our family and, more importantly, of God's family. That their worth comes from God and not from pleasing men. God has a magnificent plan for both of their lives and I cannot wait to see what it is.
Now...back to our story...
Part 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment