(HA! Birds...Duck!!! I made a funny!!!)
Okay...on to my post...
Today, on the way to a really fun homeschool playdate, three birds came out of nowhere and flew right in front of my truck! Two of them escaped unharmed, but I am sad to report that one of them made a loud thump as it smacked into my windshield...
I didn't think the kids noticed...I should have realized by now that they notice EVERY THING. It became the topic of conversation for the next 15 minutes. Ariana was certain that it merely brushed the window before flying away. Honor kept insisting that she saw it fall straight to the ground. Samuel was sure that it was just resting on the side of the road.
Connor's response was my favorite:
"It's okay, Mommy. I'm sure that the bird was a really old, grandma bird that was going to die anyway."
Way to look on the bright side, Son.
4 comments:
That's so sad! "It was going to die anyway"!
Wow - makes it scary to be a grandma! A few springs ago, two birds were, ahem, behaving romantically mid-air, swooped down in front of my moving van and poof - went to heaven together. Each.of.my.boys.saw.me.hit.the.love.birds. And they have never let me forget -that's what happens when they hit 10 and above. They love to torment me over things like this. It's like a very painful hug- LOL
Aw, your kids make me smile... it's such a nice break in my day :) And now back to grading papers...
Aunt Amy
Well, they've had a few great-grandpas pass away in the last two-three years... Connor "understands" that you get "old" and then you die. But to clarify, this theory doesn't apply to their own grandparents, just in general--their personal grandparents are not "old"...:-D
Amy...glad I can give you a break :-D
blue...got to love those "teachable moments" :-D
Post a Comment